Certified Acceptance Agent and preparation of W-7 to obtain an ITIN
ITIN – Certified Acceptance Agent
Taxpayers or their dependents that do not yet qualify for a Social Security number need to obtain and Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to be able to file and/or qualify to file jointly with their spouse or qualify for a Dependent Credit. To obtain an ITIN a W-7 form must be filed with the IRS accompanied by the applicant’s valid passport or other documents. It can take 6-8 weeks to for the passport or documents to be returned. As an option, the documents do not have to be sent to the IRS when using a Certified Acceptance Agent to prepare the W-7 and to certify the passport and other documents.
The team of professionals at Ledgers Etc. include the only Certified Acceptance Agent in Yavapai County. The services offered include:
- Preparation of Form W-7 for new ITIN’s and renewals
- Copying and certification of foreign passports and other identification documents which are immediately returned to applicant
- Preparation of Form W-7COA
- A tax return needs to be submitted together with all new applications unless exceptions apply
- Post application support and resubmission for no extra charge
- Se habla español
Please contact us for more details about obtaining or renewing an ITIN.